Vanguard Dealer Services, LLC
1. Our Commitment. Our organization is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its employees, members, customers, and other stakeholders. We value the trust of those we deal with and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us. During the course of our various projects and activities, we frequently gather and use personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or dealing with this information is subject to consent. Our privacy practices are designed to achieve this. Our organization has safeguards to protect your personal information that comply with applicable federal, state and local law.
2. Defining Personal Information. Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual.
- Business contact information and certain publicly-available information, such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information.
- Where an individual uses his/her home contact information as business contact information as well, we consider that the contact information provided is business contact information, and is not, therefore, subject to protection as personal information.
- Comments or evaluations, or testimonial provided with respect to product offerings, training or services provided.
3. Use of Information. The information we collect helps us to maintain our contact/client files and mailing lists, track business trends, and program usage, and service ratings in order to evaluate and improve our service offering. The information also helps to ensure that we can advise individuals of news and upcoming events that may be of interest to them. In addition, we may use our contact/client lists to generate a sample for a survey where we contact past clients to participate in an optional, anonymous survey about business trends and services used. We also gather information, such as credit card information that is required for registering and paying for courses, seminars, or events. Individual personal information is never disclosed, shared with a third party or used for any purposes other than described above.
4. Privacy Practices. Personal information gathered by our organization is kept in confidence. Our personnel are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. We collect, use, and disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in light of the circumstances. We routinely offer individuals we deal with the opportunity to opt not to have their information shared for purposes beyond those for which it was explicitly collected